Wednesday, February 24, 2016

3mm Sci-Fi Army



So in this post im gonna do an overview of my SciFi troops I have painted and finished up. They were the first  things I ended up painting as they were just a delight to paint and turned out just amazing.  Everything shown in the post was purchased from Pico Armor unless stated otherwise.

To start us off I have a couple of large VTOLs which I have on some flight stands from Litko supplies,  I really like how these look and i'd like to get a few more for some air assault scenarios
.
Next up are the mechs.  And I have to say mechs have a certain special place in my heart. I just love giant stompy robots.  Here we have what im going to classify as a couple of heavy assault walkers with at trio of light scout/support walkers.

Here come the ground pounders.  You can see what is 4 units of regular infantry holding the town and two units of heavy infantry on the outskirts.  At first I really wasn't thrilled with the heavy infantry models but once I got them painted they really 'Popped' in my opinion.

Everybody loves a good tank battle.  Now with these tanks I have to say even after painting them I still don't feel too impressed with them.  The two smaller tanks on the side I do rather like alot but they dont have a very huge SciFi feel to them.

And on to the last picture.  The support vehicles.  Here we have two kinds.  Troop transports for the regular infantry and light rocket platforms.  I like the transports alot and the rocket platforms are again kinda eh.  But maybe they will grow on me.

Hope you liked my miniatures. Next time I will cover my NATO forces.

6 comments:

  1. It could be just me but I just get a blank for the pictures (in this and the two other previous posts). When I click on them, I do get a Google message saying I am forbidden from viewing. I am using Chrome if that helps at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK I think I fixed the problem.

      Delete
    2. i can see the pictures :-) Good stuff - your 3mm looks better than my 6mm! Now all you have to do it post some pics of the games with them :-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you, in all honesty 3mm is dream to paint so far. It's fun and easy. Took me roughly 3 hours to do the majority of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 hours! At that rate, I should convert to 3mm :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try, its cheap enough to pick up a few packs and have enough for a small game if you wanted to try it out.

      Delete